Frequently Asked Questions
Please review the frequently asked questions below. If you don’t find the answer to your question, feel free to contact us via email, or set up a FREE discovery consultation.
Scheduling & Visits
What Are The Restrictions On Virtual Visits?
If you are NOT a resident living close to the clinic, you may still book a virtual appointment and we can conduct your consultations using our secure video channel if you choose.
Clients have unlimited email contact with The Hygeia Clinic. However, if an email question or request is deemed to be complex or too involved for a response via email the clinic may, at their discretion, require that the client schedule a follow-up consultation instead of responding via email.
Scheduling & Cancellations
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with The Hygeia Clinic. Canceling within 24-hours will result in a £50 charge to the payment card on file.
No-shows: If you do not show up to a video or in-person appointment without notifying The Hygeia Clinic and you have not made an alternative appointment either via email or by changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the client portal, you will be charged £100 to the card on file.
Appointments & Billing
We Are Not A GP Surgery
Even though you can message us online during business hours, we are often able to take care of urgent requests. It is important to note the following however:
1. We are not available for same-day emergency appointments.
2. We are not available 24-hours of the day and do not take calls at weekends. If you need to be seen urgently or have a medical emergency you would need to visit Accident and Emergency or call 999 for an ambulance or 111 for the NHS helpline.
We Do Not Bill your private health Insurance provider
The Hygeia Clinic will not submit a claim to your health insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
We will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your private health insurance provider for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered, depending on your plan’s rules.
About Lab Tests
- Lab tests ordered by The Hygeia Clinic will be billed directly to you.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with The Hygeia Clinic and may include blood saliva urine or stool testing.
- We will make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results or red flag symptoms discussed during your consultations indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care doctor or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with The Hygeia Clinic alongside your primary health care provider, adding to your healthcare team.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is recommended, the cost of the test will need to be paid before the test is ordered unless the client orders it direct from the lab and pays the lab directly.